Berk's Grapevine

Entire Dragons 2 Score Available Online!

UPDATE: The entire How to Train Your Dragon 2 score is on YouTube, although it's not clear whether it's a legitimate release or not. At the moment, you can listen to the playlist above.

Twenty five minutes of the How to Train Your Dragon 2 score showed up yesterday on Cinematic Sound! Erik Woods, the host of the program, describes it as one of the most anticipated scores of this year. You can listen to a recording of the program below or download it here.

Thanks oneill5491!

781 comments:

1. Hands down best cue @ 17:56 which duckizo tells me is the track "Stoick's Ship". IMO, the "Forbidden Friendship" equivalent for HTTYD 2. Warning, you will most certainly die of feels.

2. Nice find, thanks for sharing :3

3. Amazing!!!!!!

4. DonnaHeartzHTTYDMay 23, 2014 at 4:05 AM

OHMYFG WAAAAAAAH I DIED.
    KXSLNCDSDCN DSB@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely blown away by what I've heard so far and completely agree with Dean that Powell has outdone himself. Fantastic renditions of old themes while adding new riveting material.

One objection though: does anyone else totally disapprove of the use of a bass guitar synth at 10:12? Totally inappropriate and misfitting for the composition. Makes it sound like a video game for that short segment.

ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I agree. John Powell has done a very good job.
    I also think the bass guitar isn't at is place there is this score.

7. HiccstridforeverMay 23, 2014 at 4:50 AM

it's beautiful

ReplyDelete
  8. I know right, the music is perfect!

9. ME TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! X'D

10. HiccstridforeverMay 23, 2014 at 4:53 AM

same here

11. Wow! Such breathtaking soundtracks! :D

ReplyDelete
  12. It is soooo beautiful i wanna cry =,)

13. ❀ωαѕвσяи¢яαzу❀May 23, 2014 at 6:09 AM

YEAH!

14. ❀ωαѕвσяи¢яαzу❀May 23, 2014 at 6:10 AM

I am not listening.... Not clicking...

15. ❀ωαѕвσяи¢яαzу❀May 23, 2014 at 6:30 AM

Sorry, can't help... I haven't heard it yet...

ReplyDelete
  16. what....someone translate the words the guys saying at 45.00????

17. I could... :)
    if I wanted to :P

18. it is english lol, he's just saying it fast and quiet XD

19. ❀ωαѕвσяи¢яαzу❀May 23, 2014 at 6:32 AM

*rolling eyes*

20. fast and quiet, huh?

21. what is it walphasbsmallsigmachhcchalphazy? XD

22. ❀ωαѕвσяи¢яαzу❀May 23, 2014 at 6:33 AM

I'm moving houses on the day the movie is released in the USA....

ReplyDelete
  23. I'm doing nothing when it comes out in USA, but when it comes out here in Sweden I'm skydiving

24. ❀ωαѕвσяи¢яαzу❀May 23, 2014 at 6:34 AM

Yep.

25. CatherineDesbiensMay 23, 2014 at 6:35 AM

Okay... Not listening to this until I get in my bus XD BUT OMG I'VE LISTENED TO THE FIRST ONE AND DAMN

26. ❀ωαѕвσяи¢яαzу❀May 23, 2014 at 6:35 AM

Wait no idea what you are saying.

27. ❀ωαѕвσяи¢яαzу❀May 23, 2014 at 6:35 AM

Grrr.... I'm just happy I'll be gone for a month.

ReplyDelete
  28. im doing so much as to fly to the premiere in australia to see it. blaaaaah so excited. i have a couple of extra days after the USA to see it.

29. DAMN THE ANTICIPATION

30. I love you man so beautiful

ReplyDelete
  31. I totally agree! Im dying to listen 'Toothless Lost'. I bet it will be a really dark and haunting version of Test Drive. And i think Toothless Found is the best till now. The way Powell teases the Test Drive tune and keeps us in suspense before playing it at the end in all its heartwarming glory. Man, amazing!

32. ❀ωαѕвσяи¢яαzу❀May 23, 2014 at 6:37 AM

xD

33. ❀ωαѕвσяи¢яαzу❀May 23, 2014 at 6:37 AM

x3 A month without internet for me!

34. ❀ωαѕвσяи¢яαzу❀May 23, 2014 at 6:39 AM

o.O YOU ARE GOING OT AUSTRALIA?! WHERE AND WHEN?!

35. whaaaat, I just spelled it as you would prenounce your name :p

36. ❀ωαѕвσяи¢яαzу❀May 23, 2014 at 6:41 AM

It's the 23rd of May.... 17 DAYS TILL HTTYD2 FOR ME! AYY!! YAYY!

37. ❀ωαѕвσяи¢яαzу❀May 23, 2014 at 6:42 AM

Just because I use different characters.... -_-

38. greek and russian letters can be fun! :P

ReplyDelete
  39. I hope Powell gets the Oscar he truly deserves.

40. ❀ωαѕвσяи¢яαzу❀May 23, 2014 at 6:45 AM

They look interesting.

Ironic since I got it from a Italian site.

41. ❀ωαѕвσяи¢яαzу❀May 23, 2014 at 6:45 AM

I know. I'm surprised the HTTYD score didn't get an Oscar.

42. ❀ωαѕвσяи¢яαzу❀May 23, 2014 at 6:46 AM

ANSWER MOI!

ReplyDelete
  43. Yeah. I can't forget that day. Social Network got the Oscar. Its a crime against humanity.

44. ❀ωαѕвσяи¢яαzу❀May 23, 2014 at 6:47 AM

Hey Daylight, just saw your signature on the forum. xD Hilarious.

45. ❀ωαѕвσяи¢яαzу❀May 23, 2014 at 6:49 AM

xD They should be JAILED.

Off with their heads!

46. So...beautiful...*cries at the epicness*

47. ❀ωαѕвσяи¢яαzу❀May 23, 2014 at 6:49 AM

xD

ReplyDelete
  48. the a and o is greek, used in math and physics very often.
    the R and N is russian

49. ❀ωαѕвσяи¢яαzу❀May 23, 2014 at 6:58 AM

Good thing I don't have to learn all this stuff at school.

50. the russian is selflearned lol

51. ❀ωαѕвσяи¢яαzу❀May 23, 2014 at 7:04 AM

x3 Still happy I only need to learn Japanese

ReplyDelete
  52. technically, it's swedens fault, we created facebook, they made music for a documentary of facebook, and had that song in it (it's not even a good song, that's the funny thing)

53. ❀ωαѕвσяи¢яαzу❀May 23, 2014 at 7:14 AM

xD

54. ❀ωαѕвσяи¢яαzу❀May 23, 2014 at 7:14 AM

Sooo, can I murder you?

55. ❀ωαѕвσяи¢яαzу❀May 23, 2014 at 7:31 AM

Ok... I'm gonna go sleep now.... And I didn't get to listen to the dragons score. :(

ReplyDelete
  56. Hey everyone sorry i have not been here in a while school got kinda crazy hope to be back soon

John

57. FirewheelTheSkullcrusherMay 23, 2014 at 9:00 AM

how do u download it it says u have to have pro?

58. im dieing in feels XD

ReplyDelete
  59. sweet! they've done it again with the amazing quality!

ReplyDelete
  60. DONT DIE BEFORE THE MOVIE!!!!

61. I LOVE IT!!!!

ReplyDelete
  62. I'm going to cry when I hear in the the cinema...

ReplyDelete
  63. Odd. I just clicked on the link and it downloaded.

64. Astrid is just as upset:

ReplyDelete
  65. Sweet mother of god, I NEED THIS MUSIC! Does the download have the commenter guy?

66. depends, what do I gain on it? :P

ReplyDelete
  67. This music is EPIC! I can't wait to see how it ties into the movie!

ReplyDelete
  68. Are you a chick? Because today is my birthday, no joke. ;)

69. The first one sounds like This Is Berk but kind of "sweeter" :D

ReplyDelete
  70. Is all this the dragons 2 score?

ReplyDelete
  71. Hi - This is Erik Woods. The host of Cinematic Sound Radio. I just wanted to thank you all for tuning in. It's great to read all of the fantastic comments concerning Powell's new score. I'm glad you are all enjoying it!

ReplyDelete
  72. Thank you so much for giving this to us! I've been dying to hear the soundtrack these last few weeks and it is amazing. Thank you.

ReplyDelete
  73. Thank you so much for giving us this!

I'll probably find myself tuning to your show now!

74. Happy birthday!!! :D And thank you for this! :D

75. I love the bagpipes, if that's what I'm hearing

ReplyDelete
  76. BUT BOOTIFUL ^_^ (its lagging though...)

77. ???? huh what is this bull o-o is to long i ain't listening to it

ReplyDelete
  78. This is one of the most beautiful things I have ever heard! :')

ReplyDelete
  79. This better win an Oscar for best original score...if there's a category for that. "And the Oscar for Best Animated Feature goes to...How To Train Your Dragon 2!" *HTTYD theme plays* Those are the words (and the music) I want to hear during the Oscars next year!

80. What! Nightshade... are you... are you lying to me :'(

ReplyDelete
  81. The bagpipes near the ending made me cry....

ReplyDelete
  82. THANK YOU SO MUCH!! This is an absolutely fantastic score and I'm so glad you shared it with us. :D

83. Haha same here. XP

84. 100th comment :D

ReplyDelete
  85. Oh wow, today's your birthday? Well, happy birthday then! :D (Mine was yesterday, so this is pretty cool!)

ReplyDelete
  86. Thanks for sharing this with everyone!

87. forgot that I edited it out XD
    If you want... I could upload it here :3

ReplyDelete
  88. I think I Might be able to resist listening to this, but IDK... the soundtracks are part of what's keeping me sane at the moment...

89. http://www.speedyshare.com/58mCc/httyd2-soundtrack.rar

*sneaks in*
    Here's the one without commenter voice, and it's only the httyd 2 soundtrack, not the other ones.
    *sneaks out*

90. 😍astrid_hiccup_forever😍May 23, 2014 at 2:42 PM

Cool congrats

91. 😍astrid_hiccup_forever😍May 23, 2014 at 2:42 PM

IKR

92. 😍astrid_hiccup_forever😍May 23, 2014 at 2:44 PM

Yay I cant wait

93. 😍astrid_hiccup_forever😍May 23, 2014 at 2:45 PM

He should I mean come on

94. 😍astrid_hiccup_forever😍May 23, 2014 at 2:48 PM

Lucky

ReplyDelete
  95. Resisting the music is even harder then uhh- avoiding Major spoilers.. spoilers are alot easier to avoid then just plain awesome music where you don't know what's REALLY going on in the scene until you see the movie... Thor Almighty I'm really gonna have to see this like right after it comes out- if only to keep my sanity... That and writing fanfiction soo... :)

96. VelocityTheSpeedStingerMay 23, 2014 at 2:59 PM

Eel's version is way better o3o

97. VelocityTheSpeedStingerMay 23, 2014 at 3:13 PM

I get home from a graduation ceremony (I play clarinet in the musical performance) and am rewarded with music. Great way to end the year, or I should say, almost, because I still have until next Wednesday when Finals are over.

ReplyDelete
  98. Yes, it would be nice if you do it, because the link doesn't let me download it.

99. VelocityTheSpeedStingerMay 23, 2014 at 3:24 PM

20:27 someone tell me what kind of flute instrument or something that is. O.o So beautiful...

ReplyDelete
  100. Toothless Found makes me think of the teens in these tunnels floating down a cave while they are standing on the remains of a ship, they see light and in front of them is a huge cave with a river running down it (the river they are floating on) full of dragons. The water turn to rapids and the teens notice that a waterfall is not far ahead. a bit of ice Hiccup was standing on breaks off and he is basically surfing to avoid these things in the river, Hiccup gets back onto the shipwreak and holds onto the figure-head whle the others hold onto other things. They fall off of the edge but emerge ok, ending the tune.

101. Hem hem... flaming ship... hem hem

ReplyDelete
  102. OMG! WHEN I SAW THIS POST I LITERALLY SCREAMED AND STARTED JUMPING UP AND DOWN WHILE MY BABY SISTER LAUGHED AT ME.I DON'T CARE. I HAVE OFFICIALLY LOST MY MIND. AAARRRRGGGGHHHHH!

103. 17:56 is definitely the moment we will are going to bawl our eyes out D":

ReplyDelete
  104. I lost my mind a week ago.. Whoever said we've reached Berserker level derangedness is right ;)

ReplyDelete
  105. i saw this at school in the middle of class (when i shouldn't have been on) and about screamed my head off but luckly all that happened was my eyes getting super big and i smiled a creepy fangirl smile.

ReplyDelete
  106. Toothless Found makes my heart stop it's magnificent!

ReplyDelete
  107. every single time the test drive thene comes on i freak out man they really are trying to kill us making us wait another 20 days

ReplyDelete
  108. I feel like I'm starving for this soundtrack to come out.. and the Movie... like why can't it come out any sooner?? I feel real sorry for the people outside of North America who don't get it in theaters til July etc... talk about really being starved for it in that case.. :(

109. wow... 1h 27 minutes?! :O
    Listen to the first minutes and already AMAZING! :O

110. Yep, we are... Because of that I'm going to the USA xD
    I'm Insane xD

111. *celebrates the insanity* :D :D YAY!! XD

ReplyDelete
  112. OMG... The soundtrack is THAT long!! This wait is seeming longer and longer.....

ReplyDelete
  113. Hey I got some news. Build-A-Bear Workshop is releasing a make-your-own Toothless today. I know I should have posted this sooner and I'm sorry about that. You can see him on their website and yes he is adorable!!! :-) He's going quick so if you want one order it now!

114. NightFuryLover15May 23, 2014 at 4:17 PM

Amazing!!

115. MissunyNightFuryMay 23, 2014 at 4:46 PM

I always thought that was a weird idea for a movie. :P

116. justarandompersonMay 23, 2014 at 4:49 PM

Should you return here, can you tell us which track titles go with which music? I'm trying to figure out where everything will go in the film

117. itchyarmpitislandMay 23, 2014 at 5:03 PM

I can only imagine how hard its going to be for them when we are all on here during June saying how amazing it was after we saw it..poor things we will try not to torture them to much

118. itchyarmpitislandMay 23, 2014 at 5:05 PM

MUST.NOT.LISTEN!!

119. MissunyNightFuryMay 23, 2014 at 5:05 PM

Well, maybe we shouldn't talk about it for a month after it's release.

ReplyDelete
  120. I am in school right now and I am just listening to this soundtrack: totally mesmerized O_O

121. the httyd2 soundtrack is 23 minutes and 17 seconds long

122. MissunyNightFuryMay 23, 2014 at 5:37 PM

When I see this pic, all I can picture is this:

At sunrise we'll all dance the hempen jig
    So raise up your pint of rum and take another swig
    The curse of Captain Morgan has led us to this fate
    So have no fear, and don't look back, the afterlife awaits

123. http://speedy.sh/Ahsv7/How-To-Train-Your-Dragon-2-Soundtrack.m4a

Here's the new downloadlink for the soundtrack, all the commenter voices are gone and it is 208 kbit/s sound (mainly because Gh3ttoK!nG otherwise would whine XD)

ReplyDelete
  124. For some reason it says 25 minutes but some how I am listening to the entire soundtrack.

125. Aweeeeesomeeeeeee X3

THANKKYOU!

132. ❀ωαѕвσяи¢яαzу❀May 23, 2014 at 6:12 PM

You go to Berk.

133. ❀ωαѕвσяи¢яαzу❀May 23, 2014 at 6:12 PM

xP

134. ❀ωαѕвσяи¢яαzу❀May 23, 2014 at 6:14 PM

Why is Toothy's nose always blue?

135. CatherineDesbiensMay 23, 2014 at 6:14 PM

DUDE A THINK THIS IS ACTUALLY GOING TO BE HIS NEW POWER IN THE MOVIE

ReplyDelete
  136. I can see it now, "Plasma Boogers!"

ReplyDelete
  137. Anyone got Rise of Berk? It's pretty addicting.

138. I don't have an iPhone... So no :-(

139. ❀ωαѕвσяи¢яαzу❀May 23, 2014 at 6:41 PM

xD

ReplyDelete
  140. Hecks Yea. NIGHT FURY!!

141. Hey guys! I got the build a bear Toothless! :D
    He's awesome, I highly recommend getting him before hes gone. Plus you get a free poster if you buy him!

The other day, I also got a few toys! Recommend those too!

Here are some pics!

142. ❀ωαѕвσяи¢яαzу❀May 23, 2014 at 6:55 PM

ARGFHGHDGSAHDASGKHZXKJ! AWESOME!

143. HiccupToothlessFan95May 23, 2014 at 6:58 PM

I have a question. I am reading the Ranger's Apprentice series
    and everytime the book's try to describe a villain i always picture

Drago. Is that weird ?

144. so... if you murder me, I go to Berk?... that makes absolutely no sense XD

ReplyDelete
  145. I got it.. was just on it a few seconds ago.. :)

146. ❀ωαѕвσяи¢яαzу❀May 23, 2014 at 7:01 PM

xD

ReplyDelete
  147. no fair!!!!!!!! there are no build a bears here!!!!

148. ❀ωαѕвσяи¢яαzу❀May 23, 2014 at 7:02 PM

I read a book called 'Book Of Lies'

The main charcter (Marcel, weak, not so strong) was Hiccup, the girl (Nicola, strong, independent) was Astrid and the other boy (Fergus, strong, show off) was Snotlout.

149. ❀ωαѕвσяи¢яαzу❀May 23, 2014 at 7:03 PM

Someone had a theory, that if you die, you go to your fandom's world. I hope it's true.

150. ❀ωαѕвσяи¢яαzу❀May 23, 2014 at 7:05 PM

I want. I want.

Wants=Never gets.

151. HiccupToothlessFan95May 23, 2014 at 7:05 PM

Are you saying that i can't focus on the book's...
    that actually makes sense more or less

ReplyDelete
  152. If you look, you may be able to find one online! But hurry, he's only available until the 30th!

153. ❀ωαѕвσяи¢яαzу❀May 23, 2014 at 7:08 PM

xD I had no idea what I was reading.

ReplyDelete
  154. possibly melbourne, even sydney, im not really sure, i need to do more reasearch on which one shows first.

155. HiccupToothlessFan95May 23, 2014 at 7:09 PM

And i have absolutely no idea what you are talking about :)

156. ❀ωαѕвσяи¢яαzу❀May 23, 2014 at 7:10 PM

xD

157. ❀ωαѕвσяи¢яαzу❀May 23, 2014 at 7:10 PM

xD My chosen cinema's first showing is on the 9th. :)

ReplyDelete
  158. I read a book series called 'Chronicles of Ancient Darkness' and to me the characters related to many of my favorite movie characters. =]

For How to Train Your Dragon;
    Wolf was Toothless
    Torak reminds me of Hiccup
    Renn resembles Astrid/Camicazi
    Bale reminds me of Fishlegs
    Saeunn as Gothi (old)
    And that's all I can remember from the three first books I read. =[

ReplyDelete
  159. I WANT TO GIVE YOU THE BIGGEST HUG. AND IM NOT A HUGGER.

ReplyDelete
  160. must find him!!!!!!!!!!!

161. ❀ωαѕвσяи¢яαzу❀May 23, 2014 at 7:16 PM

xD I live in QLD (Queensland). I don't think you'd be going there.

ReplyDelete
  162. Do you have any sort of mobile device w/ an app store? The game is free! ^_^

163. test drive

164. ❀ωαѕвσяи¢яαzу❀May 23, 2014 at 7:16 PM

I know. I can't find my 5th Generation Ipod.

ReplyDelete
  165. Neither do I. I personally don't like IPhones. Do you have any other mobile device?

ReplyDelete
  166. I LIVE IN QLD!!! well.......not anymore, im packing up and moving to victoria in a couple of days so....damn

ReplyDelete
  167. Can't wait until it makes its way to android!

168. Wishing you luck!

ReplyDelete
  169. Can't wait until he comes to the uk! How much do they cost? if you don't mind me asking

170. Hey! I read the first book, Wolf Brother! Loved it :D

171. ❀ωαѕвσяи¢яαzу❀May 23, 2014 at 7:20 PM

xP. Where did you live?

172. south east queensland. not so far from brisbane

ReplyDelete
  173. You'd love the other books, too. =] I borrowed the other two from a friend; we were addicted to the series!

174. HiccupToothlessFan95May 23, 2014 at 7:22 PM

Still nobody seem's to understand the
    question behind the comment :I

175. Where do you go to make this? I NEED IT! ;-;

176. I bought the second one but never had time to read it D:

177. HiccupToothlessFan95May 23, 2014 at 7:23 PM

I can't find it in play store or samsung apps for my android :(

178. The plush by himself was $25, then the hoodie was $10

179. Build a bear workshop! :D

180. Not on android yet.

ReplyDelete
  181. JUST GIVE HTTYD 2 TO US NOW!!!! PLEEEEAAASSSSEEEEE!!!!!!!

ReplyDelete
  182. I'm just trying to say it isn't weird. Everyone does that, usually depending on how close they're to that series?

If I start to see a villain in the series I try to compare it to someone and usually end up seeing them as that character (ex: Drago) throughout the remainder of the book.