Berk's Grapevine

Astrid and Eret Clip!

(Spoiler alert!) Here's a new one-minute clip featuring Astrid and Eret that was just released today! This is also the first clip in which Eret has appeared in a major way. What do you think of him? Check below for some animated gifs of some of the best moments!

Thanks, Faerie_Dragon!

1,066 comments:

1. Sweet-ness! We finally get to hear how what Kit Harrington sounds like as Eret, son of Eret :3

2. Nat the HooliganMay 1, 2014 at 1:20 PM

FINALLY!!! WE SEE ERET IN SOMETHING!! this is so perfect!!!

ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Not sure how I feel about Kits voice. But I guess I'm just used to Jon Snauuuu.

I do love it when Astrid said 'Works every time', her face is just perfect when she said it!

4. WOHOOOOOOO! :D

ReplyDelete
  5. Well. I've got myself a new Profile picture!

ReplyDelete
  6. @IcelandicEel can you please add "(Spoiler)" in the Title?

7. Astrid is acting a bit psycho XD

8. The Clip is amazing!
    But the "DreamWorks TV" in the end nerves...

ReplyDelete
  9. There! Updated my picture!

ReplyDelete
  10. Gah! I'm always the last to know! AND OMGS I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!

11. Absolutely love it !

12. lol. I'd say you're one of the first to know XD

ReplyDelete
  13. Well, I was hanging out at the old one when Ghetto told me about this one lol

14. I love it too :D

15. hiccupandtoothlesshybridMay 1, 2014 at 1:28 PM

Bye! XD

ReplyDelete
  16. That looks so amazing!

17. That's awesome !!!!!!! *huge grin on my face*

ReplyDelete
  18. http://www.speedyshare.com/r5Egz/HOW-TO-TRAIN-YOUR-DRAGON-2-Storm-Fly-Fetch-Clip.mp4

download the clip in 1080p here ^

ReplyDelete
  19. and I told ghetto XD (I think o.o)

20. We were supposed to ignore him, remember XD

21. Nat the HooliganMay 1, 2014 at 1:30 PM

in case anyone wants a shot of ruff trying to hold onto Eret

22. What does Ruff say?

ReplyDelete
  23. Meh that was on the old post. We are on a new one now!

24. Only in the other Thread ^^
    Here you shouldn't ignore me xD

25. Nat the HooliganMay 1, 2014 at 1:31 PM

Yay! can he ride with me!? can he? Can he?~

26. YAY! no more ignoring you! :P

ReplyDelete
  27. with all these shortfilms I have on my computer now, I will almost be able to make the whole movie with them XD

28. That's awesome!

29. I love that part !

30. Nat the HooliganMay 1, 2014 at 1:33 PM

Thanks!!!

31. you're confusing me ! XD

32. Bad Sound Quality!
    Youtubes videos has an Audiostream of 192Kbps... Yours is only 128Kbps! No thanks xD

33. FFFFFFUUUUUUU

I was going to post that!

34. The hotdog guy?

ReplyDelete
  35. and you can totally hear the difference by ear! ;)

ReplyDelete
  36. Heh, I would ask him for help Astrid. He knows nothing!

ReplyDelete
  37. Not really, but I always want the Best Quality ;-)
    And yes for the best quality I need the original files from DreamWorks ^^

ReplyDelete
  38. What did you use to rip it?

ReplyDelete
  39. I think it was a bad move to use Kit. Because now I'm going to be making GoT references left right, and centre!

ReplyDelete
  40. Because sometimes people don't rip them like you just did. Which means I've got to wait until someone does.

ReplyDelete
  41. Eret's voice actor :)

ReplyDelete
  42. Kit Harington, he plays Jon Snaauuuuu.

You know, the guy that knows nothing XD

43. Kudos! (even though I already said it on Skype xD

44. Hey mycove! How you keeping? Like the clip :D

45. Thankies :D

ReplyDelete
  46. I always rip them directly when I see them.
    You can get youtube downloader, but I'm using a program which is made for 4K videos, and it costs ~money~ XD

ReplyDelete
  47. Sometimes I wonder if I'll ever spell his name properly, instead of how Ygritte says it...

48. Love it ! Otherwise, I'm good thx. It's a day off for everyone here

49. "Works every time"

ReplyDelete
  50. Totally not the one I used for my new profile pic...

51. Wow. Disqus really destroys the quality :/

52. Or is it just me.

53. Life! I was starting to think this one had died already! XD

ReplyDelete
  54. This post. One second everyone's posting, and the next, everyone's gone!

ReplyDelete
  55. Yes, sometimes it's weird !
    Shnuckles, if you're still around, I sent you your chpater back

56. oh XD way to be egotistical Sila XDD

57. I'm on Skype with Fae so that's why I'm not here lol

58. Skype friends!

lol.

ReplyDelete
  59. After the good news, I'll be off for now. See ya !

60. I was talking to Ghetto too but is eating lol

ReplyDelete
  61. Anyone else get this bug?

ReplyDelete
  62. Okay. I thought the site would be smart and show the image, but I was wrong. Here's the image

63. Awwww :( byes!

64. Not anymore ^^

ReplyDelete
  65. Hmmmmm... I think it's only you?

ReplyDelete
  66. I like how Barf and Belch look at each other like they know what's going on.

67. Works every time! I love it!!!!!!!!!!! Finally new clip

77. ruffnut says aarrghhhhhh

78. astrid__hoffersonMay 1, 2014 at 3:08 PM

omg tuffnut tho..XD

79. that makes them different

80. did ruff like him?

81. atleast you get to see the movie in june/july :D
    If I don't manage to grab the movie in june, then I can't watch it in July, because I'm gone for a month then, puuuure skydiving month, doing nothing else! :P

82. 1: it comes out July 4th in UK -.-

2: PURE SKYDIVING FOR ONE WHOLE MONTH??!!!?? A WHOLE MONTH, OF SKYDIVING, AND NOTHING BUT SKYDIVING?!!? u r so flippin lucky and I am so flippin jealous. XD

ReplyDelete
  83. I do it every year lol.
    and then after that month I will do some skydiving now and then, until the wind goes crazy and makes me fly into a mountain and die, as usual XD

84. CatherineDesbiensMay 1, 2014 at 3:36 PM

THIS IS SO BEAUTIFUL! I LOVE ERET! :'D

ReplyDelete
  85. wow, Catherine and BlackAstrid online at the same time, what is this sorcery? XD

86. CatherineDesbiensMay 1, 2014 at 3:37 PM

I don't even know XD

87. btw, you'll get in a pretty large fight with Ruffnut I think ;P

ReplyDelete
  88. WE'RE VIKINGS!!!!! When we crash into a cliff, we don't DIE! We just fall to the ground about 500 metres below us, then get back up and dust ourselves off and try again!! XD

ReplyDelete
  89. GAH! I HATE YOU TOYS R US!!!!

ReplyDelete
  90. something I can't wait for though... we have a new plane to jump from, *insert extremely quiet "yaaaay" *
    XD

ReplyDelete
  91. wow! This is awesome! Ruff is hilarious and Sasstrid is wonderful! I love Eret...

92. I think that Ruffnut wants a word with you XD

93. II The Night Fury IIMay 1, 2014 at 3:46 PM

Ruffnut- "Can he ride with me can he CAN HE?"

ReplyDelete
  94. THEY GOT THEIR NEW DRAGON TOYS IN AND I HAVE NO MONEY!!!! GAAAAAAH!

95. OK, question time. XD. When u r jumping out of the plane, do u:
    1) really compose urself and be like "ok. I can do this. I can do this. Just an easy little jump."??

Or do u:
    2) be like "ah who cares." and just go ahead and jump like "yolo!" and without a care in the world??

96. I take option 3! XD
    "I've done this a lot of times, who cares if I die, no yolo, I live forever!"

97. but is it you or toys r us that you should hate then? XD

ReplyDelete
  98. XD ahaha! Ah Nightshade, if u died, u would live 4ever. Bcuz us grapeviners and the HTTYD crew would never forget u. ;)

ReplyDelete
  99. So everyone's going to add Son of Eret to the guy's name.

100. John snoooooouuu

101. ToothlessNightFuryMay 1, 2014 at 3:58 PM

AHHH
    the music! it sounds like the music from the Disney's Dinosaur movie!!!! :D

ReplyDelete
  102. Witchcraft! Find the witch!

103. ok, so apparently, the aftermath of the nettlefight was quite... red XD

104. hiccupandtoothlesshybridMay 1, 2014 at 4:02 PM

I'm going to say for myself not really

105. ToothlessNightFuryMay 1, 2014 at 4:02 PM

like this part here :)

106. Gods man!

107. x)
    It looks horrible, but you should see my friends, they got hit by sticks (those small flexible ones) so they have scars all over their arms XD

108. xD I love this! Great job, Stormfly! =3

ReplyDelete
  109. Ouch I hate switches! Little brother and I used to have fights with them when we were little. We each have a scar on our faces from getting smacked xD After that Mom put an end to it lol

110. CatherineDesbiensMay 1, 2014 at 4:05 PM

Oh I will >:)

111. lol, we don't "fight" XD
    We do one turn each, having the arm bare, hitting as hard as we can, and the one who surrenders, well, he lose XD
    and you can't surrender when it's someone elses turn to hit! :P

112. Sounds like a more friendly version of bloody knuckles

ReplyDelete
  113. only problem is that Ruffnut is 7/8 years older than you and is trained in fighting XD

114. CatherineDesbiensMay 1, 2014 at 4:08 PM

Eh, i'll beat her. She ain't got the sass >:)

ReplyDelete
  115. And she has Barf and Belch!
    But maybe Tuffnut is on CatherineDesbiens' side xD

116. CatherineDesbiensMay 1, 2014 at 4:09 PM

YAY I HAVE TUFFNUT ON MY SIDE! :D

ReplyDelete
  117. except you get scars that doesn't disappear after you're done, you get fleshwounds :P
    and blood knuckles, it's where you strike the others knuckles right?
    we are more for playing knuckle-hockey, where you have a coin, you spin it, and then you have to make it continue to spin, the one who makes it fall down, gets shot with the coin into the knuckles by the one you play against, it doesn't sound that bad, but if you know how to shoot the coin, it will hurt! XD

118. super-acrylic-sugar-serpent? XD

ReplyDelete
  119. xD such violent games we play!

ReplyDelete
  120. violent? it's just games, no violence, otherwise we'd play "kniv-nark" (I don't know the english name for it XD)
    it's pretty easy, you throw a knife up in the air towards another person, and he have to catch it :3

121. ToothlessNightFuryMay 1, 2014 at 4:13 PM

guys. I just realized Hiccup is not with them meaning they might going to Drago's to rescue him? or he's with his mom and they havent found him yet

122. CatherineDesbiensMay 1, 2014 at 4:14 PM

That works too XDD

ReplyDelete
  123. Eret isn't introduced until after they meet Valka, so I think that they are going to rescue Hiccup :P

ReplyDelete
  124. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8lAH9l8h44&list=TLSjdQWsJ-TALEJIP8hjM7egaSMgHClDSd&src_vid=DWMsV_Op1Ug&feature=iv&annotation_id=annotation_1161291149

the reason why to love dudesons, if you don't want to go through pain, let them go through it for you XD

125. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3ywroqsgPk

126. Nightfurylover13May 1, 2014 at 4:34 PM

I LOVE ASTRID NOW!!! NO WONDER HICCUP FELL IN LOVE WITH HER

ReplyDelete
  127. What da hell is Sasstrid?

ReplyDelete
  128. Either you have a browser configuration which sets .item-control to be visible or Google is doing something weird. I changed nothing on my end.

ReplyDelete
  129. "ironically clapping" you finally figured it out!

130. (G RR) Martin Snow

131. Those details of the fur blowing in the wind, oh my gawds *dies*

ReplyDelete
  132. If you listen closely you can hear the music from Dinosaur ( a Disney movie) so it probably will have different music in the film or it would be copyright (John Powell probably just hasn't finished the soundtrack yetor it is meant to be a surprise.

ReplyDelete
  133. HIP HIP HOORAY! AWESOME!

ReplyDelete
  134. That looks AWESOME !

ReplyDelete
  135. Is that a ice/rock thing Eret puts on his head???

136. II The Night Fury IIMay 1, 2014 at 5:06 PM

Dat music though! ^_^

137. II The Night Fury IIMay 1, 2014 at 5:07 PM

He's stressing out, nothing to sell, so he got a headache. :P Idk really he could've got hit in the head with it and forgave the ice block by rubbing it on his head... xD

138. ToothlessNightFuryMay 1, 2014 at 5:08 PM

what i don't get though is John Powell didn't do the music in Dinosaur. Someone else did. So the other person would need to be credited for it due to copy right. Unless it's not officially the music going to be in this part in the movie which is possible

139. ToothlessNightFuryMay 1, 2014 at 5:09 PM

I'm 99.9% sure it's from Dinosaur (see my post below for the video of the song)

140. I CAN'T STOP HEARING JON SNOOOWWWW
    This is great btw, thank you for posting! :)

141. II The Night Fury IIMay 1, 2014 at 5:16 PM

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG I think so!!!!!

142. II The Night Fury IIMay 1, 2014 at 5:17 PM

I think they just took their music... After all, Disney owns Dreamworks. ;-;

143. ToothlessNightFuryMay 1, 2014 at 5:25 PM

Actually they don't
    they're completly different complaines

Universal who is not disney owns Dreamworks

ReplyDelete
  144. Anybody else remembers the background music?

145. ToothlessNightFuryMay 1, 2014 at 5:33 PM

from the movie Dinosaur :)

ReplyDelete
  146. lol, I am dyeing!!!!

ReplyDelete
  147. Nope not the only one! Except for my forum name "thenightandthefury"

148. dinosaur :)

ReplyDelete
  149. Correct :D brings back prehistoric memories.

ReplyDelete
  150. Anyone else notice Hiccup and Toothless are not in this clip? (PLEASE DO NOT REPLY WITH SPOILERS! IF YOU HAVE SEEN THE FIRST HOUR PLEASE I WOULD RATHERN OT KNOW WHAT HAPPENS!)

151. ToothlessNightFuryMay 1, 2014 at 5:39 PM

my guess is they're rescuing him or they don't know he's with Valka and Stoick and Gobber are looking for him there?

152. VelocityTheSpeedStingerMay 1, 2014 at 5:41 PM

*Walks in*
    I just laughed when I saw Eret's face!

153. lol, dinosaur is one of my favorite movies so... I knew it right away :D

ReplyDelete
  154. I think at that moment Hiccup is already at Valka. And like ToothlessNightFury said, maybe they don't know where hiccup is and think Eret / Drago has them...

155. SplashyTheThunderdrumMay 1, 2014 at 5:42 PM

i liked it more when people were like ermygerdd they ride dragons now they are like meh... idc

156. VelocityTheSpeedStingerMay 1, 2014 at 5:43 PM

(before watches clip)
    Eret putting a rock on his head OMG why? xDDDD

157. ToothlessNightFuryMay 1, 2014 at 5:43 PM

same :)

158. VelocityTheSpeedStingerMay 1, 2014 at 5:44 PM

Oh wait, that's ice.

ReplyDelete
  159. Disney Dinosaurs theme song....I feel like some one is spaming us with the clips cause all these NON-HTTYD songs keep popping up.

160. VelocityTheSpeedStingerMay 1, 2014 at 5:45 PM

Love his accent o3o

161. KentuckyWildcatMay 1, 2014 at 5:46 PM

I still don't feel like I learned anything about Eret (other than what he sounds like). This clip was really all about Astrid, who's just as awesome as ever.

ReplyDelete
  162. Am i the only one who notices that they used "egg travels" from disney dinosaur for this clip

163. Like Stoick does it after chiefing xD

ReplyDelete
  164. Is that the Dinosaur soundtrack I hear?

165. It's because it is. And it does not fit the scene at all. xD

166. ONE of my poster finally came in from Dreamworks ^_^

ReplyDelete
  167. what's up with the none httyd music? it's like from jurasic park or something! :D

168. II The Night Fury IIMay 1, 2014 at 6:32 PM

Well, this is only what my dad told me. xD

ReplyDelete
  169. Nice use of music from Disney's "Dinosaur" in this clip...
    I think they're gonna be using the actual score from
    John Powell in the actual movie. Can't wait to see more!
    P.S.: Not really a fan of Game of Thrones, but I really
    recognized Kit Harrington as Eret, even though it's hard
    to really understand what he's saying until right when
    Astrid and Stromfly kidnap him, then it's easy! Anybody
    who knows what he's saying before he gets kidnapped,
    please reply!

ReplyDelete
  170. Omg I adore Eret already! I can tell he will be an amazing character. Also, anyone else think his voice is AMAZING?!

ReplyDelete
  171. Nice use of music from Disney's "Dinosaur" in this online clip...
    I'll bet they're gonna be using the actual score for the actual
    movie. Hard to tell what Eret's saying before he gets kidnapped,
    so anybody can reply! Not really a fan of "Game of Thrones", so
    I really don't know a lot about Kit Harrington, but I immediately
    recognized his voice! It was not that hard to notice for me!