Berk's Grapevine

Episode 217 - Smoke Gets in Your Eyes

Smokebreaths! What are they doing on Berk? Super sleuth with an all new episode of DreamWorks Dragons: Defenders of Berk!

Tuffnut has FALLEN IN LOVE with his new mace! How's it he going to handle it being STOLEN?! And who would steal it?

Unfortunately, it looks like Cartoon Network isn't uploading episode information ahead of the airing of the episode anymore, so there are no images from the episode this week.

However, the next two episodes will be called "Bing! Bang! Boom!" (February 19) and "Cast Out - Part I" (February 26), which suggests that the final episode of the season will be two parts.

331 comments:

1. OMG!!! I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS POST ALL DAY!!!!

2. FirewheelTheSkullchrusherFebruary 12, 2014 at 4:03 PM

Yes finally i love smokebreaths

3. So have I! I check back like every five minutes on Wednesdays. XD

ReplyDelete
  4. Bing bang boom... wainting for this episode! :)

5. FirewheelTheSkullchrusherFebruary 12, 2014 at 4:04 PM

and thursdays
    sadly last thursday was a let down :(

ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, but thats okay. I like to keep my eyes on the countdown. :) 120 days isn't very much!

7. FirewheelTheSkullchrusherFebruary 12, 2014 at 4:06 PM

120!!!! WOW time flys

8. FirewheelTheSkullchrusherFebruary 12, 2014 at 4:07 PM

i am probably more excited for HTTYD 2 then i am for summer!

ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for the HTTYD2 countdown by the way, it's like my favorite thing on here! I love being able to keep track. :)

10. FirewheelTheSkullchrusherFebruary 12, 2014 at 4:14 PM

yea i love it

11. FirewheelTheSkullchrusherFebruary 12, 2014 at 4:15 PM

i would freak if someone trains a smokebreath!!!!

ReplyDelete
  12. Plot of this episode: Tuffnut marries a shiny mace then it gets stolen by Smokebreaths so he goes loopy.
    (JK not really)

ReplyDelete
  13. SWEAT!another character poster vote!!! I LOVE this place. I always LOVE coming home from school to check the grapevine

14. hiccupandtoothlesshybridFebruary 12, 2014 at 4:17 PM

smoke breaths!!!! yes thoughs things scared me in the frist session i'll be fine this time...I hope. And I'm callen' that there gonna take hiccup's leg again

15. FirewheelTheSkullchrusherFebruary 12, 2014 at 4:18 PM

haha i now pronounce you husband and mace
    du du dudu du du dudu....
    gobber would sing
    "cuz i got my axe and he's is mace and he loves his mace with the ugly face"

16. FirewheelTheSkullchrusherFebruary 12, 2014 at 4:22 PM

I can't wait
    but i have too /:-(

ReplyDelete
  17. When the countdown gets to the last few minutes I'm gonna be sitting watching it. Then when it gets to zero Im gonna wreak havoc among the neighborhood. XD

18. I no I don't want to wait ether

ReplyDelete
  19. Here in europe we have to wait around 3 weeks longer for the release. These weeks will be so hard. :(

ReplyDelete
  20. I knew it was going to be the Smokebreaths. And now we have a new shipping; TuffAce. XD

21. Hey guys!
    Look at the art project I made :D

ReplyDelete
  22. I hope this episode is where Gobber gets a dragon! He needs one soon! The next episode is about Thunderdrums, and I don't think he will get that because Stoick has one already! So its this episode or the finale.

ReplyDelete
  23. Yes! I knew it was gonna be smokebreaths (duh) I cant wait for this episode :)

ReplyDelete
  24. OMG I KNOW RIGHT!!! I Have Been Checking Every 10-20 Minutes To See If They Have Posted Something New!!! Finally!!!

ReplyDelete
  25. I also have to wait 3 weeks or so to watch it in english, there is also a big chance that it wont even be in english, if it isnt, I guess ill just have to endure the french version :( I know how you feel

26. You may now kiss the mace! XD

ReplyDelete
  27. Totally! It would be so awesome!

ReplyDelete
  28. Hiccup's leg gets stolen.

29. I really isn't surprised xd

30. Say what!!!how is he going to fly Toothless, how is he going to walk

ReplyDelete
  31. You know what? I will fly from germany to Great Britain in the time the release only to see it in english. I know, this is totally exaggerated. xD

ReplyDelete
  32. I'll do that too! I will beg my parents to drive me to the theater where I can watch it in English (maybe even in imax? maybe thats too much to ask xd)

ReplyDelete
  33. That face tho xd thats probably the face I do when something new is posted on the site x)

ReplyDelete
  34. The picture on the top looks like the smokebreath is in Hiccup's House!

ReplyDelete
  35. That is really awesome!

ReplyDelete
  36. Me too :) but i'm kind of scared something will happen to Thornado in this episode.. with the fact that he's not in the sequel and all :|

ReplyDelete
  37. So last episode was probably the best episode of the series for a long time, we got a nice bit of action, a Hiccup/Astrid moment finally at the end, things are finally looking up I'm really hoping that this episode only improves on that!

ReplyDelete
  38. Same here! Without the grapevine, it probably would have taken me a few days to realize that the trailer came out xd

ReplyDelete
  39. XD ikr? I was saving it for a really cool post about the sequel, but I think Toothless' face is funny and I couldn't wait any longer. XD

ReplyDelete
  40. I'll be trying to go to Italy ! :-)

ReplyDelete
  41. Hey Wingless, your email is still not valid...

ReplyDelete
  42. Bing Bang Boom, any ideas about what is about? We haven't had a screaming death episode lately, and I am kinda glad. Every time we do Hiccup almost dies and would have if not saved on time, and the thing he said at the end of the last one scared me a little. O.o

ReplyDelete
  43. I totally agree with you, eel effect was amazing! I hope we get more of these awesome épisodes :)

44. look at all the funny pics

ReplyDelete
  45. It's crazy what fans like us would do only to see one movie.
    And the third one, it will be exactly like the release of Star Wars Episode I when people around the world flew to america only to be under the first to see the movie.

ReplyDelete
  46. Bing Bang Boom is going to be juvenile thunderdrums attacking Berk or something like that, but they could have the Screaming Death in this episode also.

ReplyDelete
  47. Not a surprise. I was actually saying in the other disqus about where Hiccup wakes up to being pulled out of bed by his foot, and a smokebreath is dragging him, and Toothless gets all mad. xd

48. chloe the courageous!February 12, 2014 at 5:35 PM

I hope Heather appears again, before the season's over. She is supposed to return this season, it's been confirmed on a website!

ReplyDelete
  49. when I saw it I just burst out laughing and my sister just looked at me like 'what the hell is wrong with you' XD

ReplyDelete
  50. That would be awesome! I actually really like Heather, and wouldn't it be awesome if she got a dragon? :D

ReplyDelete
  51. oh yeah, that's right. Thunderdrums. Why not an episode about the timberjack, or bonenapper, or snaptrapper? Or even one about a SGM!

ReplyDelete
  52. If I lived somewhere where they didn't show the movie (or maybe a few months after) I would fly around the world to see httyd 2<3 i'm just so excited!

53. chloe the courageous!February 12, 2014 at 5:40 PM

Ya! She is supposed to have a dragon named Spout. It's a baby scauldrun! :-)

ReplyDelete
  54. Unless she comes back in this, or the next ep, I wont be happy. While I like Heather I don't need her being the center of attention in the season final/last ep before HTTYD2! It is going to be about Snotlout being expelled from the academy (STILL FREAKING OUT ABOUT THAT) and something about Alvin returning to make amends.

ReplyDelete
  55. Seriously?! I hope it actually happens! That would be so awesome!

ReplyDelete
  56. XD Love that pic. You make it?

ReplyDelete
  57. I don't think I will ever look at the moon the same way again XD I love the last pic cx its hilarious!

58. chloe the courageous!February 12, 2014 at 5:43 PM

Hehe I know, right? B-)

ReplyDelete
  59. I'll get you the ticket, NO FANS LEFT BEHIND!

ReplyDelete
  60. What pics? The episode clips are not that funny, so maybe you mean something else?

ReplyDelete
  61. There was indeed a rumor about her returning with a Scauldron that got posted on the Wiki page, but I don't think that was ever confirmed. It can't be entirely ruled out yet, but none of what we know about the remaining episodes sounds like an obvious fit for her to make an appearance either. There's a chance that it was all just a false rumor.

ReplyDelete
  62. Its true that we need a special last thing before HTTYD2 that will really focus on the gang, not on a minor character that only appeared in one episode..

63. chloe the courageous!February 12, 2014 at 5:45 PM

Also, there's going to be a 3rd httyd movie, and a new season of the Tv series! It will be called dragon masters

ReplyDelete
  64. I agree, they could do alot with these new dragons..

65. chloe the courageous!February 12, 2014 at 5:47 PM

I know I know. :-) but it doesn't hurt to hope, right?

ReplyDelete
  66. two technically, and I believe mentioned in another? I AM STILL FREAKING OUT ABOUT SNOTLOUT BEING EXPELLED. AND I HAVE KNOW FOR A FEW WEEKS NOW. That should definitely stir up some action for a gang episode.

ReplyDelete
  67. OMG I am also freaking out about that :O when I saw that I kept repeating what?! why!? how!? WHAT!?

ReplyDelete
  68. and one more season after that, but Shh... It's a secret ;)

69. chloe the courageous!February 12, 2014 at 5:50 PM

I wonder what he does for hiccup to EXPELL him?! :-D

70. chloe the courageous!February 12, 2014 at 5:52 PM

Hehe! Ok ;)

ReplyDelete
  71. I think I really want to see Heather again too. The night before "The Eel Effect" premiered, I had a dream that she would be in that episode, and a few nights ago, another dream with her in an episode. I didn't like that much in the first episode she was in, but I warmed up to her later.

Maybe the Heather having a dragon named Spout was an early version of "Free Scauldy." Just a theory.

72. VelocityTheSpeedStingerFebruary 12, 2014 at 5:54 PM

Nomnomnom...

ReplyDelete
  73. If they are, they must be laughing at how upsessed we are xd then they are just planning more ways to torture us with new pictures and clips and such XD

74. chloe the courageous!February 12, 2014 at 5:56 PM

Oooooo! Only 2 hours and7 minutes before Smoke gets in your eyes! Who else is excited with me?!:-D

ReplyDelete
  75. The description almost sounds like there could be a mystery/detective vibe with this episode, which could be cool. Just a random guess, but I wonder if it's possible that the Screaming Death could have run the Smokebreaths away from their home?

76. That be a full theatre. I CALL THE BEST SEAT! XD

ReplyDelete
  77. I live in Canada therefore I can't Watch the episode tonight :( but I have a routine so I will Wake up at around 2am to watch it online :) I can't wait to watch it though!

ReplyDelete
  78. I'm sure they are :) maybe we can lure them into giving us more? please dreamworks :'3

79. chloe the courageous!February 12, 2014 at 5:59 PM

Hehe weeeeeeeee!!! I can't wait! Oh, I almost forgot. More info on hiccups mom is to appear sometime in the remains of the season.:-)

80. VelocityTheSpeedStingerFebruary 12, 2014 at 5:59 PM

What website? If you're talking about a wiki page there's a great chance what you heard was a wild rumor started off Ideas Wiki. Sorry to break it like that, but I haven't found solid and confirmed info about Heather showing up again anywhere. :/

ReplyDelete
  81. I KNOW!!! I'm just trying to think, WHAT COULD HE DO BAD ENOUGH FOR HICCUP TO EXPEL HIM! Then someone pointed out it could have been Stoick to expel him, and Hiccup might actually be trying to change his fathers mind. But I really want to see Snotlout make Hiccup mad enough that it is Hiccup who expels him. But I still don't know why Snotlout would do something that bad. He might be anoyying and a bit of a bully at times, but he is good at heart. Race to Firework Island proved it.

82. chloe the courageous!February 12, 2014 at 6:01 PM

Hehe, well however u watch it, I REALLY hope u enjoy it<3 :-)

ReplyDelete
  83. But have you found solid information it isn't true she might return? hmm?

84. chloe the courageous!February 12, 2014 at 6:04 PM

Well, Heather or not, this has been a really amazing season. ;-)

85. VelocityTheSpeedStingerFebruary 12, 2014 at 6:04 PM

True dat.

ReplyDelete
  86. I'm interested to see what gets him expelled as well. For that particular episode, I'm even more interested to see what happens with Alvin. Will he truly try and make peace with Berk, or will he live up to his title once more? There's a ton of directions they could go with either angle.

ReplyDelete
  87. Wow. this topic posted a few minutes ago and there is already over 80 comments and counting.

ReplyDelete
  88. I am so sick of wondering!!! I want to know now! What CAN he have done bad enough :'( but it could be Stoick that expels him, but he doesn't have a say in the academy.. he is expelled from the academy, which belongs to Hiccup, not the island. But maybe Stoick thinks Snotlout did something way too bad and is talking to Hiccup and suggesting to expel him, saying it would be for the good of the academy.

ReplyDelete
  89. I hope you enjoy it too :3 I hope we all do :)

ReplyDelete
  90. You're not the only one!

91. I totally imagine Hiccup wobbling around without his leg XD

ReplyDelete
  92. Stoick is A) Hiccup, the leader of the dragon academy, father. B) Chief of the island. C) I would argue with him, if you do something to make him that mad. He can be mellow, but you remember what he did to Hiccup! HE DISOWNED HIM! And if Snotlout is expelled, there is a chance he could lose Hookfang to! Because if he isn't a dragon trainer any more, they might have to take Hookfang away.

93. Will do :)

ReplyDelete
  94. wouldn't it be awesome if all the fans could watch the premiere together? man, i'd love that :3

ReplyDelete
  95. Man, I wish I could photo shop like that!

96. chloe the courageous!February 12, 2014 at 6:13 PM

I hope it IS hiccup who expels snotlout, because it is so hilarious when hiccup gets mad or loses his temper! I mean, I just about died laughing in a tale of two dragons when hiccup loses it -right in front of his dad!- I guess it's because knowing hiccups character, it is really rare for him to lose it.

ReplyDelete
  97. Yeah, I'm thinking, He 'makes friends' with Berk but they still watch him closely, untrusting of him. But when he tries to make an offer that he will leave Berk at peace if they help him get his outcast's back from Dagur, they help him but still don't trust him, he gains controle back, somehow gets Hiccup seperated from his friends, and BAM kidnaps him and tries to force him to train his dragons again.

98. He'd probably go around on Toothless's back